Two Open Play Sessions Each Week!
East Athens Community Center in the main gym
Must reserve spot for open play sessions – Send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to get link to table reservation platform.
Rules for pandemic pong in the gym:
- Please stay home if sick or exhibiting any symptoms of Covid-19. Please visit https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/index.html for more complete individual guidance and additional information on the symptoms of Covid-19.
- Please wear a face covering when entering East Athens Community Center and sanitize hands upon entry.
- Sign new USATT liability waiver if you have not yet done so.
- Sanitize hands again.
- Stay physically distanced at least 6 feet at all times, no doubles.
- No switching sides during matches.
- Only put your hands on the ball you are assigned to use. kick or paddle the opponent’s ball back to them.
- It is recommended that you consider wearing a cloth face covering while playing, if you can safely do so. See cdc.gov for additional guidance on the use of cloth face coverings.
- Sanitize or wash hands frequently, at least whenever switching opponents. Practice good hand-hygiene.
- Wash your hands for at least 20 seconds after using the public restroom before re-entering the facility.
- Clean table whenever you switch opponents.
- Please wait 10 minutes before using a table that was previously occupied by a participant not wearing a mask.
Tables and balls and net sets will be sanitized before each playing session. Hand sanitizer is available, but washing hands with soap is a great option too.
USATT AFFILIATED CLUB – SAFESPORT TRAINED
Check us out on Facebook!
Two open play sessions each week:
Saturdays – 1:00 to 4:00pm
Wednesdays – 6:00 to 8:30pm
$1 per visit or $5 per month, first visit free!
We normally use the Santa Rosa System for allocating playing time during open play sessions. This system is not being used at this phase of the pandemic as we are limiting the amount of times participants switch to new opponents. Details on the system can be found under the “Open Play/Challenge Board” tab on this website, or also at: http://www.hardbat.com/SRsystem.html
Four tables are available for each open play session at East Athens Community Center, located @ 400 McKinley Dr, Athens, GA 30601. Enjoy practice with 3-star DHS D40+ balls and high-quality loaner paddles.
Have any questions? Send an email to email@example.com